London SE1 community website

Removal Companies

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Bee
Thursday 21 October 2004 10.17pm
Hi,

I wonder if you would be kind enough to help me.

I am moving from an address in SE1 to another place 2 miles away. I'm looking for a reliable removal company - I did a search on this forum for past relevent posts but could not find anything. I'm particularly interested in hearing from people who have had a piano moved by a removal company.

Cheers!

Bee
Thursday 21 October 2004 11.18pm
Bee
Try Field Transport. 1a Elizabeth Indust Est, Juno St SE14. Moved me (+ wife + 4 bedrooms-worth plus studyfull of books & computers) 12 months ago - nothing broken, nothing lost, piano didn't even need tuning; 200 cheaper than closest competitor. Can't half drink tea, though.
Jim
Bee
Friday 22 October 2004 9.46am

Thanks, Jim. I've contacted Field for a quote and will make sure I stock up on tea bags.
Anonymous User
Friday 22 October 2004 12.39pm
Bee

I've recommended them before - Bigvan.com are really reliable and reasonable. Infact I used them last week for similar - moving a mile down the road.

The number is: 07956 847809 or 020 7708 0993, the contact there is Graham Neale.
Bee
Friday 22 October 2004 12.44pm

Thanks also, Birdie. I will get a quote from them also. I wanted three or so companies I could get quotes from and then go from there.
Friday 22 October 2004 3.08pm
I can confirm that Bigvan were great for us too - I used them after Birdie recommended them last time, and they were cheap, quick and not a single cup broken!
Friday 22 October 2004 3.13pm
I'm selling some cups on ebay (and a teapot, and some mugs), they might need removing, although I'll probably send them by Royal Mail standard parcel post.

... edit...

wrapped in bubble wrap, then paper, and then maybe a box, or two.

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 22 October 2004 3.30pm by Roadrunner.
Friday 22 October 2004 3.19pm
Is that the crunching of broken china that I hear?
Saturday 23 October 2004 10.21am
Field transport did a brilliant job for me too. Once I'd unpacked the kettle and the teabags ...

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions