London SE1 community website

Late (ish) Coffee?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 1 February 2005 7.36pm
Does anyone know of any late night cafes/coffee bars in the area - it seems to be a very large hole in the market - meeting a friend of mine the other night, who does not drink, and being off the booze briefly myself, I racked my brains for somewhere local, and came up with a blank. Fearing the icy glare of trendy yoofs IF we ventured into a gastro, and the bemused stare of the bar staff at the less salubrious drinking holes when asked for a skinny decaff latte, we were stumped!
Tuesday 1 February 2005 8.13pm
Doesn't the Tas Café on Borough High Street close quite late?
Wednesday 2 February 2005 10.05am
only to about 7 on some nights :(

There's a terrific coffee bar in Soho that has coffee and hot chocolate until late - and even puts smiley faces on the top of the frothy milk in chocolate... we could do with one of those around here :)
Anonymous User
Wednesday 2 February 2005 10.47am
What about the Bermondsey Kitchen? Not too pub like so should be comfortable to sit & sip a coffee
Wednesday 2 February 2005 11.04am
A bit of a walk perhaps, but the South Bank is full of suitable venues: the NFT Cafe (till 9.00), National Theatre (till 11) and Festival Hall (till 10). Nearer than Soho anyway...

Mark.
Thursday 3 February 2005 12.03am
Smithfields? A minor schlep but always open.
Friday 4 February 2005 12.59pm
Amano on Clink Street do fabulous coffees and they are open until around 9.30pm I think.
Friday 4 February 2005 1.44pm
thanks folks! Amano sounds particularly promising, will give that a go.

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions