Could be a pub, but most in central London seem to have:
* the smallest kiddie tables they could find
* table hemmed into a room so you can't actually cue most shots
* random opening/take over of the pool table for functions
* ludicrous prices
Are there any pool or snooker clubs that have a decent number of UK tables? Or is there a pub that doesn't fulfill most of the above?
Hole in the Wall, next to Borough Tube Station has a couple of tables - plenty of room around them. Fine for a few games with a pint though not club material. It's a bit of a sports bar mind - loads of screens so will be busy on match nights.
I wandered past the Hole In The Wall the other night, and added it to my mental list of places to check out.
Andrew, do you mean the Riley's snooker club on Elephant?
- the Mudlark, "sports bar" never seemingly open
- St Christophers, ok, but attached to a hostel, so pool table can be very busy/no house rules
- Old Thameside Inn, small tables, normally closed for functions
At the moment, I'm considering joining the King's Cross Snooker Club (under the Scala), which is local, but not "local".
There used to be a small leisure thingy place (sorry, forgotten name) next to the London Eye / Aquarium, where there are several tables (full size snooker and smaller pool). I played there quite happily with a pint, and at reasonable prices, not sure if it is still the same.