London SE1 community website

Alex Tudor and Cricket

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 28 January 2003 2.35am
I was very pleased to read your article on Alex Tudor being at the Elephant & Castle.
I was born in Snowsfields evacuated to Wales during the war, returned to live in Soutwark Park Road Bermondsey.
I spent most of my time bowling what ever kind of ball I could get hold of, at the space in the nets, just inside Southwark Park main entrance on the left.
I would spend hours doing this by myself.
The upshot of this, is when I migrated to Australia by myself aged 16 was to start playing cricket the weather being conducive to outdoor sports.
Am now 65 and still involved with cricket administration.

I hope that what Alex is doing for cricket takes on, and that in no time I will be able to see a Bermondey boy or girl playing for England and thrashing Australia. They need it.

Although living hear for 47 years I still barrack for England, and take a lot of stick from the Aussie's.

Wish someone like Alex had been around when I was a lad.

David Fryer

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions