London SE1 community website

Spice Quay Heights

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 12 April 2006 10.38am
Hello all - I am looking at buying a penthouse property in Spice Quay Heights, Shad Thames. I would really appreciate any advice about the building and the immediate area - is there anything I should know about that the estate agents won't tell me?! Any feedback would be very gratefully received. Thank you!
Saturday 4 April 2009 10.39am
minnie17 wrote:
Hello all - I am looking at buying a penthouse property in Spice Quay Heights, Shad Thames. I would really appreciate any advice about the building and the immediate area - is there anything I should know about that the estate agents won't tell me?! Any feedback would be very gratefully received. Thank you!

Dear Minnie. I have owned a flat in Spice Quay since it was built. The issues to beware of are: water leakage through the river facing windows (they need re-sealing at this stage of their life, which is cheap & easy to do), the flooring can be
buckled or split - especially after being subject to leaking windows! - I'm just about to have mine replaced. Some of the original washing machines need replacing too, I had mine done recently and they are expensive as they are built in. Do you only want a top floor apartment? If you are open to other floors my tenant is leaving so
I might sell it. It's 1289 sq ft so one of the biggest 2 bedroom 2 bathroom flats.
Let me know. Good Luck.
Wednesday 24 June 2009 7.35pm
Michael,
I am an owner in Spice Quay Heights as well. I was hoping I could discuss with you a brief matter regarding Spice Quay and would be grateful if you could let me know if you would have a few minutes to chat. Let me know. Thanks very much in advance. Regards

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions