London SE1 community website

Photo developing - film

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 29 April 2006 8.15am
Has anyone had any non-digital photos developed recently? If so, can you recommend a developer in SE1? I had a film developed yesterday and am not overly impressed with the results: all of the pictures look really grainy, as if they've been printed out on a low resolution printer. Of course, that could be down to the film I was using, but I'd like to get copies developed from the negatives before blaming the film...
Sunday 30 April 2006 6.40pm
I've heard that the chemist/pharmacy on Borough High Street makes good prints. Might be worth a try.
Tuesday 2 May 2006 7.29pm
Try Boots in Lower Marsh - or at the Elephant & Castle shopping centre. It may seem an odd recommendation, but they use a Kodak lab and I have always had good results from them
Tuesday 2 May 2006 10.44pm
i am sure there was on old thread on this, but i can't find it.

have you tried snapy snaps london bridge?
i have developed numerous films there, and they were always pretty ok. if the colouriung was off i told them and they reprinted them.

depending on the film you used, or if it was severely underexposed, the grain could be explained.
hope this hepls.
Wednesday 3 May 2006 7.55am
Colourama? or Colorama did have a place opposite the borough polytechnic, cant think of the name of the street, I think they actually developed them there. a small trade counter where you could hand them in. just looked in directory 61 webber street, 7261 1082
Wednesday 3 May 2006 11.53am
Snappy snaps are the best by far - the london bridge brach is good, but the wardour st and air st, in w1 are even better. I'm speaking as someone with a professional interest in photography...buut with no connection etc
Hat
Wednesday 3 May 2006 9.09pm
I agree snappy snaps are good - i had a film developed by them, and to my amazement when I went to pick it up, THEY told ME that they hadn't been happy with the result, so had reprinted them, and then gave me both sets so I could pick and choose from them. Great service, they'll definitely be getting my business again. No connections etc etc
Wednesday 3 May 2006 9.12pm
Thanks for the suggestions. Snappy Snaps is where I had the film processed originally, but I think I'll go back and tell them that I'm not happy with the results and see if they'll reprint the pics.
Anonymous User
Wednesday 3 May 2006 11.38pm
I work beside Air Street if you want to try that one I'll drop them in

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions