London SE1 community website

Waterloo Bar & Kitchen

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 4 May 2006 11.14am
Mr Sarahmc and I went to Waterloo Bar and Kitchen for dinner last night, just on spec- it was a nice night and we didn't feel like cooking.
I have seen them carrying in chairs recently so maybe they've recently had a bit of a spruce up.
The place was packed out, quite a lot of suits having drinks but also lots of people eating. Plenty of seating so no-one standing around, and they had put tables outside and opened the windows- not the best view over Waterloo Road- but still pleasant.
The food was really good and the atmosphere relaxed. The wine was delicious.
Recommended.
Thursday 4 May 2006 11.16am
Haven't been there for a while, but we used to use the place as somewhere handy to meet nr Waterloo for a quick drink and a bit of food, and it was always good.

...if you press it, they will come.
jw
Tuesday 29 May 2007 3.16pm
Went at the weekend and thought I'd found a gem - but the food didn't live up to standard at all and was majorly overpriced for what it is.

Would avoid- which is a real shame. Seems to be a lack of good, descent restaurants in the area with good relaxed atmosphere.

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions