London SE1 community website

Art framers in the area?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 8 June 2006 1.18pm
Does anyone know/have experience of any high quality picture framers in the area. We have a large piece which really needs careful framing.
Thursday 8 June 2006 1.22pm
There are some recommendations here: http://www.london-se1.co.uk/forum/read/1/40674
Thursday 8 June 2006 2.11pm
To echo comments on the previous thread, I have used Bijan on Tower Bridge Road, near the Hartley and was very happy with the result and service.
Thursday 8 June 2006 3.06pm
Cloe wrote:
To echo comments on the previous thread, I have used Bijan on Tower Bridge Road, near the Hartley and was very happy with the result and service.

Bijan is excellent - he framed three posters for me and did an great job. On the expensive side, however.
JQL
Friday 9 June 2006 10.24am
Pure and Applied on Bermondsey Street (opposite the cluster of Galliard Homes offices / developments). I have used them many times over the years for some very large canvases and they did a very good job and were also very obliging and pleasant and not too expensive.

On the other hand I would never ever use "Hays Gallery" in Hays Galleria. I took some canvas into them and they lied, cheated and damaged the art whilst seemingly getting a small child to hammer 6inch nails into an ill-fitting frame. They were also incredibly rude.

No connections etc.
Monday 12 June 2006 1.28pm
I've used Sean Kelly gallery on London Rd, Elephant & Castle, for a lot of things. Not the cheapest in the world, but boy, do they do a good job, even with incredibly fragile pieces.
Tuesday 13 June 2006 12.15pm
I too have used Bijan on Tower Bridge Road. He has framed photos, prints & oil paintings - big & small & did a very good job.
Tuesday 13 June 2006 1.52pm
I had something very fragile mounted, sealed framed etc at a place on Lower Marsh recently. Excellent job and some really beautiful frames.Cannot remember name of shop- Peter someone I think.
Tuesday 13 June 2006 4.39pm
Phillips Framing
Tuesday 26 September 2017 10.31am
Rupert wrote:
I've used Sean Kelly gallery on London Rd, Elephant & Castle, for a lot of things. Not the cheapest in the world, but boy, do they do a good job, even with incredibly fragile pieces.

I wonder if this is the same place I went to ... https://southbankart.co.uk They are at 21 London Road. I wanted some cartoons and magazine covers framed and they went to a lot of trouble to help me find the appropriate shade of backing sheet and frame within my price range. They were very helpful and turnaround was 3 days.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions