London SE1 community website

Southbank Tandoori - The Cut

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 4 December 2006 5.20pm
Thinking of having the xmas lunch here

Was last here over a year ago and was quite good, anyboby been here recently? or is there any other curries houses worth a try
Monday 4 December 2006 5.40pm
I live just round the corner and have had takeaway a few times which I was never impressed with.

However the one time I eat-in it was better, though I was rather worse for wear and can't remember the details...

Apologies I can't be more useful, but on Balance probably OK if you are eating there. Nearby you also have Thames Tandoori (I think that's the name) on Waterloo Road - and my opinion is that SBT is the better of the two.

There is also another place at the Waterloo end of Kennington Road, and another a few doors down Westminster Bridge Road (above the Crown and Cushion) but I've not been to either...

Last but not least there is a place on Lower Marsh called appropriately enough Marsh Ruby - however I've never seen it open. I've heard its a cafe place that opens during the day which might therefore do the trick for lunch, but as I'm never around during the day I cannot confirm or deny this...
Monday 4 December 2006 5.47pm
There's a good one opposite the Ship inn on Borough Road- just by the Inner London Crown Court. It is downstairs and a typical Indian restaurant- excellent food...
Monday 4 December 2006 6.01pm
I've eaten at the Southbank Tandoori a few times, and it's ok. Nothing special, but friendly enough. On the last occasion I had to send back a meat dish (lamb, I think) which was a bit too... chewy.
Monday 11 December 2006 11.19am
I love the food at the Southbank Tandoori. I am fussy when it comes to food and have found the ingredients at the restaurant excellent. I have taken friends there who also love the food there. Not too mention that on each occasion I have found the staff there friendly. hmmm I fancy some indian for dinner now!!!
Thursday 14 December 2006 4.40pm
Have to say, my partner and I are hooked on the SBT.

To post a message, please log in or register..
September at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions