London SE1 community website

The Circle, Queen Eliz St

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Bob
Monday 7 January 2002 5.34pm
A mate is interested in an aprtment in this building. Does anyone have any views (good or bad) on it?

Ta

B.
Tuesday 8 January 2002 9.21am
A mate of mine lives there, 1 bedroom apt with carpark right above the shop on the corner, he likes it, small and plain place, but seems okay. He doesn't have a car and had no problems renting out the cark park as there appears to be a shortage.

No problems with noise etc...

Rgds

John.
Tuesday 8 January 2002 9.59am
I find it a bit sterile though.... nooo character.
Saturday 12 January 2002 12.45pm
I lived there a year ago. It was very sterile, like a mid-class hotel.

It was handy for work is the best I could say.

Just before I was moving out I realised the attractive blonde neighbour (always very well turned out) was an upmarket hooker.

Damn.
Wednesday 3 April 2002 10.58pm
Up until recently The Circle was the cheapest place to buy an apartment in Shad Thames. It is quite sterile but with a bit of thought the flats can be made very attractive and it is a fun and convenient place to live.

However you should be aware that the porters that work here are unbelievably rude as well as dodgy. I was locked out of my flat one evening and the porter charged me 30 to let me back in claiming he had got a locksmith in, turned out he had a skeleton key which he denied having.
Friday 5 April 2002 11.17am
Hm - something to look forward to - I am moving into The Circle in two weeks! Seemed OK - much nicer than some other places we've seen and an interesting change from NW6. We'll see...

To post a message, please log in or register..
September at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions