London SE1 community website

DVD rental shop

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 27 June 2007 7.36am
I know all about Lovefilm and its ilk, but does anybody know of a bricks and mortar DVD rental store somewhere near Waterloo / Southwark tube stations? I was a member of Southbank video but it seems to have closed down.
Thursday 28 June 2007 9.56am
Video South Bank on Lower Marsh has closed? There's a place on Tower Bridge Road and there's Blockbuster on Walworth Road, but neither is very convenient for you. I get my DVDs from Amazon Rental, and have been pleased with the choice, though of course it's not good if you suddenly fancy seeing a film.
mac
Thursday 28 June 2007 11.25am
Southbank Video on Lower Marsh was really good. It is such a shame it closed. I'm also at a bit of a loss as to where to get last minute videos. I haven't tried Amazon/Lovefilm etc as they seem to require quite a bit of forethought and I usually want to watch a video on the spur of the moment
Friday 29 June 2007 2.43pm
Southbank Video closed *very* suddenly (within the 48 hours that I had a couple of DVDs rented!) A market trader who works nearby told me that they had been raided by the police, and at the same week on the news there was a report of a counterfeit DVD operation being shut down.
Monday 2 July 2007 4.45pm
I live on the Cut and have the same problem since Southbank closed but I did notice walking past the library on Lower Marsh the other day that they do DVD rental so I'm going to sign myself up there, I don't imagine their collection will be huge but it's better than nothing.

Link below

http://www.lambeth.gov.uk/Services/LeisureCulture/Libraries/Waterloo.htm

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions