London SE1 community website

Guerrilla Gardening in SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Wednesday 8 August 2007 7.36pm
The homepage of the Guerilla Gardening website now has some lovely recent photos of the blooming guerilla gardens that this group of green-fingered rascals has planted in SE1:

http://www.guerrillagardening.org/index.html
Thursday 9 August 2007 10.33am
Well, I think it's really great stuff and I'm seriously considering signing up.
What a terrific alternative to moaning about how nothing ever gets done and getting off our arses and making a difference! Hurrah!
Thursday 9 August 2007 11.43am
I think I'll throw a handful of seeds around the tree base near the bus stop..I used to lob clumps of earth onto the verges of the dual carriageways, lupins etc.,
Thursday 9 August 2007 6.48pm
That's fantastic. I can't believe that they get trouble off Southwark council.. what harm can it do?

Does anyone know how one signs up?
Thursday 9 August 2007 10.28pm
Click on "Enlist".
Tuesday 9 October 2007 7.18am
FYI Guerilla Gardening is fundraising for future projects by selling cool lavender pillows, stuffed with lavender grown here in SE1:

http://www.guerrillagardening.org/gglavender.html
Tuesday 9 October 2007 7.24am
bought one about a year ago with a different colour cover, yellow I think. It had an interesting hard bit inside it which I felt and decided was a screw which confirmed its urban identity. Not sure whether the screw inside was deliberate or not.The pillow smelt gorgeous.
Tuesday 9 October 2007 9.35am
How lovely! I've ordered two!
Tuesday 9 October 2007 10.03am
I may order another one or two myself since I can't find the one with the screw in and anyway the smell may have faded a bit over time. They do smell gorgeous though.
Tuesday 9 October 2007 2.47pm
Just ordered one. What a fab idea!
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions