Does anybody know any good removal companies? I'm looking for:
1. About 7 hours work on a Friday
2. Preferably to pay a fixed price so that I don't feel the work is being dragged out for no reason
3. Somebody/firm with a large enough van to fit a considerable number of boxes (around 50) and a sofa and other pieces of furniture.
4. I think it will need two people to remove everything.
5. A firm willing to pick up a small number of goods from a storage facility on the North Circular to then carry those goods up the stairs and unpack them at a house in Barnet. I would then need a large amount of goods removed from Barnet to a house in South London.
Would be grateful for recommendations (or somebody willing to do it), but really would like to have a fixed price as can't be sure how long it will all take! Also, could people advise what they would regard as a fair price for the work described above as I do not want to pay above the odds?
I moved last year and went straight to the top - Pickfords. They really couldn't have been any more helpful, the guys who did the unloading looked like it was the happiest day of their lives, and it was on a fixed price which wasn't that expensive considering how efficient they were.
I used Graham, and even though he charges an hourly rate, he gives you a good estimate upfront (and in my case managed to do it for less) and these guys don't stop. I even had to force them to stop for a cup of tea....