People's Republic of Southwark and Veolia Environmental Services, on behalf of Southwark Council, are running a Bring and Take Day and a mini eco-fair. This will be a great opportunity to clear out unwanted items and get something in return.
Things you can bring along include CDs, books, clothes, electrical items, buggies, bikes, lamps, plants and kitchenware. If it's easy for someone else to carry home or take on the bus, and will be wanted by others, bring it along.
If you do have anything to donate, please bring your items to the Synergy Centre between 11:30am and 12.30pm on Saturday 11 October. The event will be free and open to the public between 12.30pm and 3.00pm.
In addition there will be a number of stalls providing information on local environmental services, an art project etc.
Location: The Synergy Centre, 220 Farmers Road, SE5 0TW.
Date: Saturday 11th October 2008
Time: 12.30pm - 3.00pm
This month's People's Republic of Southwark mini eco-fair is taking place on Sunday 23rd November, 12-5pm at The Spike (39b Consort Road, Peckham SE15 2PR), an amazing space which has been running a sustainable arts and community project for 10 years now.
Things to look forward to this month:
- Bring & take event: if you have any small, easy to carry household items (clothes, toys, books, dvds, similar) that you do not need any more, bring them along and give them to someone else, or pick up anything you might need. Please do not bring any electrical or bulky items.
- Hear about and taste the invisible food (wild food project)
- Learn first hand how a sustainable community can operate in an inner city area
- Prepare your allotments, gardens or pots for spring with the seed swap: if you have any surplus seeds bring them along and exchange them for different ones
- Take part in an art project
- Listen to some live music
Or simply come along and have a look at what we're doing
We are now looking for venues for next year's events, to take place last Saturday of every month. The venue would need to be a free one, community space/gallery/anything - if any of you know of any, drop us a line
In contrast to the previously advertised news, we will be holding this month's mini eco-fair in Funky Monkey, 25 Camberwell Church Street, 12-4pm.
The event is organised together with the Sunday Swap Shop and Art's Bar people and will include:
Free Shop: if you have something you don't need and are happy to give it away for free to someone who does, bring it along. You might find something you need too. Please bring only things which are easy to carry (no bulky stuff and no electrical goods, please)
Seed Swap: get your gardens, balconies and allotments ready for spring.
Invisible Food: learn everything about the wild food growing in our parks/gardens and urban spaces.
Take part in an art project: the theme is home, so please bring something which means home to you. This could be anything from a photo to a sound recording - check People Mapping article to give you some ideas.