London SE1 community website

Daylight bulbs

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 7 October 2003 6.45pm
Does anyone have experience of the efficacy of these and, just as importantly, is there anywhere in the SE1 area you can buy them?

Tuesday 7 October 2003 7.16pm
http://www.dictionary.reference.com
4 entries found for efficacy

ef·fi·ca·cy
n.
Power or capacity to produce a desired effect; effectiveness

Have you entered Daylight Bulbs in Google ?
Lot's of comments there as to their efficacity
and places to buy them.

Friday 17 October 2003 10.37am
the New Vic has a cafe fully lit by them (or something like them) Supposed to make you feel Gooood, apparently.

gggggrrrrrruuff
Monday 8 December 2003 12.28am
Why do you want daylight bulbs?

Daylight refers to the color put out by the lamp - daylight is a sickening color

Steve
Wednesday 7 January 2004 4.50pm
You can get daylight bulbs in decent art shops. They throw a very blue-looking light to the untrained eye, but daylight *is* blue. (Most daylight bulbs are carefully controlled to replicate the colour temperature of daylight)

So - near here, the art shops to pursue (via www.yell.com for address, tel. number etc) include:

Atlantis, E1
Cass, W1
Cornelissen, WC1

I have not yet come across any art shops in SE1, by the way.
Wednesday 7 January 2004 4.53pm
I forgot, it might be worth calling Silverprint. They are a very helpful and friendly photographic supplier in SE1, on Valentine Place, just off Webber St. Find them on www.yell.com for their number/address.

That's the kind of thing they might have as well (photographers need daylight bulbs to gauge colour prints, contact sheets etc.)
Wednesday 7 January 2004 5.29pm
whilst in derby there was a craft shop - needles...sewing silk etc. if you cant get them when I am up next I could get some for you if you have difficulty...they have differents watts....apparently its better if you sew by daylight?

jan
Wednesday 7 January 2004 10.13pm
City Electrical Factors can get you what you want - there is a branch at Elephant and Castle
Thursday 8 January 2004 9.37am
Sputnik - there's a little art shop on London Road call Sean Kelly, not as good as Artlantis obviously, but very friendly and helpful - not sure about daylight bulbs
Thursday 8 January 2004 11.09pm
Any branch of Ryness Electrics could help,not very close-by but they do deliver
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions