Salary + Bonus to be Negotiated
This is a unique opportunity for an ambitious & talented chef to create a new business without so many of the accompanying disadvantages of working in the mainstream of hotels, restaurants and pubs.
Greensmiths needs a Head Chef to lead & run the on-site kitchen in our quality food shop (please see Note 1 below for a fuller description of Greensmiths).
The job of the Greensmiths Head Chef is to turn fresh produce from our shop into quality, freshly-prepared dishes, some to be bought & eaten on-site in our café, and some to be sold as prepared food in the shop.
The successful applicant will have:
• A solid professional kitchen background;
• A passion for exploring & preparing food in all its variety;
• Excellent team-management skills, including the ability to recruit, train, retain & develop a brigade of 3-5 initially.
Our kitchen offers several attractive & practical benefits – for a full list, please see Note 2 below – chief among which is an excellent work-life balance: because Greensmiths’ shop & kitchen operate 08:00-20:00 Mon-Fri & 08:00-18:00 Sat (closed Sun), there will be no split or late-night shifts.
Close to Waterloo station, Greensmiths has served the Waterloo community – residents, workers, visitors – as a local, independent grocer & café for eight years. Greensmiths’ shop contains the full convenience offer of the best supermarkets but is founded on its relationship with specialist quality retail partners. These include The Ginger Pig, the Old Post Office Bakery, Solstice and Newington’s (fresh fruit & vegetables) and Lant Street Wines. This is the kitchen’s stockroom.
Greensmiths’ kitchen offers several practical benefits for a Head Chef, including:
• Excellent work-life balance: Because Greensmiths’ shop & kitchen operate 08:00-20:00 Mon-Fri & 08:00-18:00 Sat (closed Sun), there will be no split or late-night shifts;
• Virtually no inventory & ordering responsibilities: This task is taken care of by the shop, all the food is there & ready for the kitchen to use;
• Creative control/menu flexibility: The opportunities to develop & prepare new dishes are limited only by customer demand and the imagination & creativity of the Head Chef;
• A chance to be part of an exciting regeneration: After eight successful years, Greensmiths is revitalising in order to serve our customers even better – and we need a Head Chef who can be a major part of our relaunch.
Greensmiths – The Local Food Store With a Real Difference: Better Food, Better Quality, Better Value
27 Lower Marsh
Waterloo SE1 7RG
0207 921 2970
Please note, only those eligible to live & work in the UK should apply. For further details, and to make an application, please send a CV & covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Greensmiths Head Chef’ in the subject line.