Better Bankside is inviting local residents and workers to donate a Christmas present for homeless and vulnerably-housed people in Southwark.
Christmas presents (new and unused items wanted) can be dropped off
at the following collection points until Monday 12 December:
• Bankside Community Space, Great Guildford Street
• London Councils, Southwark Street
• Adecco, Borough High Street
• The Table cafe, Southwark Street
• Borough Market (at merchandise stalls in Green Market and Middle Road on Thursday/Friday/Saturday)
• Novotel London City South, Southwark Bridge Road
• The Refinery, Bankside Mix
Most-needed items include: new warm clothing (underpants, gloves, T-shirts, socks, joggers – especially men's), toiletries (essentials and luxuries), towels and non-perishable Christmassy food.
Volunteers are also needed to help sort, wrap and deliver the presents on the afternoons of Tuesday 14 and Thursday 15 December.
Better Bankside will distribute the donated gifts to The Manna Centre, The Robes Project, St Mungo's, Gateway Foyer and Manor Place, as well as tenants of local housing for older people at Lucy Brown House and Hopton's Almshouses.
• See http://www.betterbankside.co.uk/together-at-christmas for more details.