£22,055 per annum
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Communications and Marketing team at Coin Street Community Builders as Communications Assistant.
For this role, we are seeking a highly motived and enthusiastic individual with a flair for creative thinking and a passion for marketing.
The ideal candidate will be a superb communicator, both written and oral, with excellent marketing, digital and organisational skills, alongside a strong eye for detail. You will have some experience of working within marketing and communications already, and be comfortable working in a fast-paced team, juggling multiple deadlines and priorities.
You will work across a mix of diverse activities at Coin Street, as part of a proactive, enthusiastic and dedicated team. Assisting several internal clients, including commercial, community programmes, family and children’s centre, and housing, you’ll help to raise awareness of our activities to a wide variety of target audiences, utilising the numerous touch points we have with key stakeholders such as leaflets, brochures, posters, signage, digital media, and via the press.
For 2017/2018 we are undertaking an exciting website redevelopment and the successful candidate will be a key part of the project team. You will also work across a number of campaigns such as promoting our community events and open days, b2b marketing of our commercial spaces, and promotion of our arts and cultural activities at Oxo Tower Wharf.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to advance their career in marketing and communications within a high profile social enterprise, using their skills to work for an organisation that gives something back to the local community.
Knowledge and experience
• Good standard of education to GCSE grade C or above
• Experience in a marketing/PR team or similar environment (minimum 6 months)
• Educated to degree level (2:1 or above)
• Knowledge and experience of using website content management systems such as WordPress
• Knowledge and experience of using design software such as Adobe InDesign and Photoshop
• Knowledge and experience of using email marketing software such as MailChimp
• Knowledge and experience of using digital marketing software such as Google Analytics and Google AdWords
Skills and personal qualities
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to write creatively for a range of media and audiences
• Organised approach, able to manage own time effectively and work under own initiative
• Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
• Excellent attention to detail
• Excellent ICT skills and familiarity with MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint
• Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
• Enthusiastic, flexible and friendly approach
• Commitment to the objectives, mission, vision and values of Coin Street Community Builders
Coin Street Community Builders (CSCB) is a social enterprise and our aim is to make our neighbourhood a great place to live, work in, and visit. We are responsible for developing and managing a significant part of London’s South Bank. Our 13-acre estate includes designer-maker studios; exhibition and conference spaces; cafes, bars and restaurants; gardens and the riverside walkway; award-winning housing; a family and children’s centre; and a regular programme of community activities and events.
The Coin Street Group strives to be an equal opportunities organisation and all staff are expected to share this commitment.
Our values are:
• Creative: By looking for solutions rather than problems I will find better ways of doing things
• Collaborative: By respecting the views of others we will learn, grow and achieve more together
• Committed: I do what I say I am going to do and do the best job I can
The 3 Cs are lived by all staff at CSCB. You will be expected to demonstrate your understanding of the behaviours associated with these values during the recruitment process.
Further details about the post, person specification and an application pack can be obtained from our website www.coinstreet.org.
The closing date for receipt of completed application forms to [email protected] is 9am on Wednesday 5 July 2017. First round interviews will be held on Wednesday 12 and Thursday 13 July 2017. Please note, we do not accept CVs.
For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.
7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?
Read the latest issue before signing up