We want to make a step change impact on major health issues affecting people in the London boroughs of Lambeth and Southwark. In the process, we aim to learn about what works to support health in urban, diverse and deprived communities, and use those lessons to have impact nationally and beyond.
We are looking for an Office Manager to join our Resources team. This role is responsible for ensuring our office environment works for us and that the whole staff team have the equipment and software to carry out their roles. We are a growing organisation and it will be this role’s responsibility to source and manage any overflow space as required. We are also currently in the first phase moving the organisation’s files to Sharepoint and will be planning a second phase of development next year which will ensure we are using the platform in the best way to support the staff team and the varied work we do.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an organisation with an experienced, energetic team in an interesting and varied position and make the role your own. This role works across the organisation and supports every team and so you will learn about all aspects of the organisation and the sector we work in.
The Office Manager is one of the Resources team of four that provides support across the Charity.
The role is responsible for proactively managing the office environment and liaising with the building’s managing agents. There is also liaison with our IT partners, troubleshooting IT issues where appropriate and ensuring the IT environment and equipment is set up, maintained and working correctly. The role will also manage the Sharepoint Project, ensuring the staff team are comfortable with phase 1 and making adjustments as necessary as well as planning for phase two of the project.
Reporting to: Head of Resources
- Ensuring that the office environment is comfortable and fit for purpose.
- Ensuring a high quality of office services and acting as liaison point generally for fault reporting and office improvements as required.
- Liaising with the building management agents to report faults and issues and ensure these are resolved appropriately.
- Responsibility for Health and Safety for the office ensuring that the environment is safe, risk assessments and procedures are reviewed regularly and safety testing is carried out when required.
- Monitoring use of the office, sourcing and managing off site overflow space as required.
- Work as a team with other front of house staff to ensure reception is covered at all times and a high quality service is provided to Charity staff and visitors
- Main point of contact for our IT partners
- Ensuring new equipment for the office and staff team is ordered as required, set up and maintained correctly and keeping accurate records.
- Ensuring issues that arise from monthly IT reports are resolved in a timely manner and flagging any ongoing issues with the relationship manager / Head of Resources as appropriate.
- Setting up new starters and managing leavers.
- Being able to troubleshoot IT issues in the office.
- Supporting the staff team with changes to IT systems.
- Managing phase two of the Sharepoint project.
Knowledge and qualifications
- Computer literacy
- Health and Safety qualification (desirable)
- Experience using the Microsoft Office suite
- Experience of working in a busy environment
- Customer facing experience
- Experience of using and administering a Sharepoint site
- Experience of managing offices over various sites
- Experience of managing an office relocation
- Facilities management experience
Skills, abilities and attributes
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Effective communications skills
- Strong sense of customer service
- Dynamic self-starter who is able to prioritise and work under pressure
- Proactive in looking for improvements and efficiencies
- Ability to plan ahead, anticipating issues before they arise
- Ability to multi task and good time management
- Organised with careful attention to detail
- Effective team-worker with the ability to understand different needs and adapt accordingly
- Common sense, ability to use own initiative and good at problem solving
We are an independent, place-based foundation. We work with Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust and others to improve the health of people in the London boroughs of Lambeth and Southwark.
For over 500 years we’ve been based in and focused on improving people’s health in Lambeth and Southwark.
Please visit the vacancies page on our website for the full job pack and application link:
For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.
7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?
Read the latest issue before signing up