£10.88 per hour
Permanent, 20 hours per week (Monday-Friday, 10am-2pm)
Do you like a busy work place with plenty of staff and children to interact with, and are you comfortable in a nursery setting?
We are looking for a proactive and experienced Housekeeper to work in the Coin Street nursery.
You will carry out the day-to-day housekeeping duties across the nursery including:
•Supporting the chef in the kitchen
• Ability to work on own initiative and prioritise work schedules
• Good communication skills
• Ability to work as part of a team in a positive and co-operative way
• Demonstrate punctuality and trustworthiness
• Ability to demonstrate sound literacy and numeracy skills
• Food handling and hygiene qualification (desirable)
• NVQ2 in housekeeping or equivalent
• First Aid certificate
• Housekeeping/cleaning experience in a business or domestic setting
• Previous experience in a nursery, school or residential home setting
• Know how to set up and run procedures for managing tasks and resources
Please note that an enhanced DBS check is required for this post and it will be subject to satisfactory disclosures and reference check.
The Coin Street nursery in South Bank, London SE1, offers families and children high quality and affordable programmes, providing integrated childcare and early years education. As the designated Children’s Centre in the area, it offers an Ofsted registered 84-place day nursery which caters for children from 3 months to 5 years of age. As part of their programme during the last year children have had opportunities to visit amazing places in and around London such as the London Eye, Rambert Dance School, China Town, Tate Modern, The National Gallery, Forest School and Local Parks.
We offer employees:
•27 Day annual leave plus bank holiday
•9% non contributory pension (You do not have to pay anything)
•Free gym membership
•Training and development opportunities
•Plus much more
Please visit our website to view the full Job Description and Person Specification, plus details on how to apply: www.coinstreet.org/jobs
Or call our office to speak to a member of HR: 0207 021 1600
For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.
7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?
Read the latest issue before signing up