£12.50-£14.50/hour depending on experience
We are seeking a caretaker on a rolling contractor basis for a private residential development of 106 flats, 2 minutes from Borough Tube Station.
This is a great opportunity for someone seeking a welcoming, friendly environment and who takes pride in the service that they offer to the residents.
Hourly rate: £12.50-£14.50 per hour depending on experience
Hours: Monday - Friday 8am-4pm or 7am-3pm with one-hour lunch break (35 hours paid a week). Job share/split considered for the right candidates
Own insurance required.
1. Communal internal and external cleaning - sweeping, vacuuming, litter picking, cleaning windows etc.
2. Repairs/maintenance -e.g. changing door handles, replacing light bulbs, carpet cleaning, small-scale decorating
- Reporting any anti-social behaviour
- Dealing with contractors
- Looking after and keeping tidy the bin stores making sure they are ready for collection, clearing bin stores
- Health and safety on site making sure your work space is a safe environment for you and the residents
- DIY skills
- Basic gardening and watering as required, maintaining the irrigation system in the garden
Up to date DBS/CRB check is essential; this must be clear and dated within 1 year. If you don't have one you can either apply for one online or get in touch with us to discuss further.
Previous experience as a caretaker is preferred but not essential. Someone with a can do attitude to work and who is self-motivated. You will need previous experience cleaning, customer service, good communication skills, able to send emails, speak in English on the telephone, and read and write in English. You need to be health and safety conscious.
You need to provide own equipment and the supply of cleaning materials.
Residents Management Company
For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.
7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?
Read the latest issue before signing up