£10.88 per hour
Zero Hours contract (ad hoc hours)
We are currently looking to build our casual worker team for the help desk at Coin Street neighbourhood centre to provide cover during busy periods and/or when our permanent team is away. There are no guaranteed hours per month, it is on an as and when basis, and sometimes at short notice.
As a member of the help desk team for Coin Street Community Builders, you will ensure all visitors and staff receive an efficient and friendly front of house service. You will be based at the mixed-use Coin Street neighbourhood centre which includes a series of conference, meeting and training spaces for hire to commercial and local community clients, a family and childrenís centre and our staff offices.
The key tasks will be:
- To provide efficient front of house service including answering and directing telephone calls and visitors, and taking messages
- To provide a positive, prompt, knowledgeable and accessible service to all Coin Street Group customers including commercial and residential tenants, stakeholders, users and potential users of the centre/other Coin Street Group products and services
- To ensure meeting, training and event spaces are clean, tidy and laid out, serviced and equipped in accordance with the daily schedule
- To provide administrative support for colleagues and, in particular, members of the Communications team
- Good communication and customer service skills
- Good time management and organisation skill
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to follow daily schedule
- Attention to detail
Based in the Coin Street neighbourhood centre, minutes from Waterloo and Blackfriars stations and at the heart of a thriving local community, we are proud to have been judged as an outstanding family and childrenís centre by Ofsted and to have built a national and international reputation as a leading social enterprise.
About Coin Street Community Builders
Coin Street Community Builders (CSCB) is a social enterprise responsible for developing and managing a significant part of Londonís South Bank. We have transformed a largely derelict area into a thriving place for people to live, work and visit.
To apply please visit our website to view the full job description and person specification plus details on how to apply: https://coinstreet.org/help-desk-team-member-casual
You will need to send us an up to date CV, plus a covering letter stating why you believe you are suitable for this post. The equal opportunities monitoring form is optional.
Please send your complete application to [email protected]
We will shortlist and interview suitable candidates as they apply so donít delay in submitting your application.
For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.
7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?
Read the latest issue before signing up