Better Bankside is appealing for local residents and workers to contribute gifts to be distributed to homeless and elderly people this Christmas.
Better Bankside has once again teamed up with Broadway, Lucy Brown House, Hopton's Charity, Age Concern Southwark and the Manna Centre to pass on gifts from local workers and residents to more vulnerable members of the community.
You can donate any of the following items at a designated collection point before Tuesday 11 December. Better Bankside's volunteers will sort, wrap and distribute the gifts.
• Food – non-perishable, luxury treats (boxes of biscuits, small Christmas puddings, chocolates, preserves, tins of luxury food, boxes of tea)
• Toiletries – attractive packaging in a range of sizes (boxed soap, hand and body cream, shaving foam, shampoo, toothbrushes, combs)
• Clothes – new, not worn (socks, scarves, gloves, t-shirts, thermal vests, warm jumpers)
• Better Bankside, 118 Southwark Street
• Broadway, Chaucer House, White Hart Yard
• Prospero House, 241 Borough High Street
• Forster, 49 Southwark Street
• Glass & Glazing Federation, 44-48 Borough High Street
• Novotel London City South, 53-61 Southwark Bridge Road
• Southwark Cathedral, Montague Chambers Reception, Montague Close
• Shakespeare's Globe stage door, New Globe Walk
• Volunteer Centre Southwark, Wigglesworth House, 69 Southwark Bridge Road
For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.
7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?
Read the latest issue before signing up