Southwark Council has published a further list of potential sites for the development of new council homes as part of its commitment to build 11,000 dwellings.
"Southwark Council continues to tackle the housing crisis head-on by delivering new homes of all kinds for our residents," said Cllr Mark Williams, cabinet member for regeneration and new homes.
"A key part of this work is our ground-breaking programme to build 11,000 new council homes, with the first 1,500 delivered by the end of 2018.
"To date 159 new council homes have already been completed, with a further 157 to complete this financial year with a further 554 to start on site.
"We continue to identify new sites and consult with local residents on these proposed sites before a decision is taken on whether to proceed with them or not.
"The new homes we are building are of the highest quality and the new homes at Willow Walk have been recognised by the national Local Authority Building Control Awards."
In papers published in advance of next week's cabinet meeting, Cllr Williams has revealed 28 potential sites for development on council-owned land.
The list includes 13 plots of land in SE1:
• Haddonhall Estate car park (Potier Street)
• Tabard Gardens Estate car park
• Haddonhall Estate car park (Hunter Close)
• Peveril House garages (Prioress Street)
• Peveril House garages (Tabard Street/Great Dover Street)
• Shops on Bartholomew Street (Lawson Estate)
• Lawson Estate garages
• Tabard Gardens Estate garages (Pardoner Street)
• Elim Estate garages
• Cluny Estate garages
• Tabard Gardens Estate Dunkirk House car park
• St Saviour's Estate car park (Maltby Street)
• St Saviour's Estate car park and garages (Stanworth Street)
The report notes that the sites listed above "require further investigation and, if viable, will be taken forward".
For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.
7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?
Read the latest issue before signing up